Make a list of your wants and needs in your new home. Some of these items might include:
- Design of Home (Two Story, One Story, Split, Villa, Townhome, etc)
- Number of Bedrooms/Bathrooms
- Square Footage
JP Brooks Builders has homes in communities all across the northwest metro area and is sure to have a community that fits your needs.
You can view all of our current communities here.
Our experienced Sales Professionals can assist you in choosing the floor plan that meets your wish list and lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a one-story, two-story, split level, townhome or any other type of home we can inform you of our current floor plan availability based on your community.
Once you’ve decided on your community, lot, floor plan and options our Sales Professional will prepare and send over the Purchase Agreement for your signature.
At this point you’ll want to make sure your selected Mortgage Lender has all of the documents they need in order to finalize your mortgage.
We recommend before your design appointment to visit our website to view our galleries and obtain inspiration for your preferred color pallet’s when it comes to cabinets, countertops, flooring, fixtures and more.
Once the purchase agreement is finalized our Design Consultant will reach out to you to schedule your design center appointment. Our design studio is located inside our office in Maple Grove, MN.
Our Design Consultant will walk you through the process of picking out your selections along with any additional design upgrades you may want to add to your new home.
Once all your selections are made we’ll finalize your home blueprint, survey and sign off on the remaining documents. If you have any further questions about the build process now is the time to ask those.
If you’re financing the construction you’ll close on your loan and lot prior to construction beginning.
- Pre Dig Preparations
- Framing: The shell of your home will be built
- Mechanicals: Electrical, plumbing are run through the interior walls, ceilings and floors. Ductwork is installed for the HVAC system
- Flatwork: Your basement will be poured (if applicable)
- Insulation and Drywall: Your home will be sealed and insulated, garage door(s) will be installed
- Priming: Walls will be primed for paint
- Stone: Exterior stone insulation may begin
- Cabinets: Cabinets throughout the home will be installed
- Flooring: All flooring except for the carpet will be installed in your home
- Doors/Trim: Interior doors/trim will be installed along with exterior slab doors. Stair railings will be installed (if applicable)
- Painting: The wall color that you have chosen will be applied to the walls
- Countertops: Your selected countertops will be installed throughout the kitchen and bathrooms
- Appliances: Appliances will be delivered and installed
- Final Electrical and Plumbing: Any remaining electrical/plumbing items will be completed
- Exterior of Home: Weather permitting exterior items will be completed (driveway installation, final grade, landscaping, pouring of remaining concrete, etc).
- Carpet: Carpet will be installed per the blueprint
- Final Finishes: Any final finishes will be installed/corrected prior to final clean. This includes hanging mirrors, bathroom hardware and paint touch ups.
- Final Clean: Our professional cleaners will come in and clean your new home including the windows
Congratulations, you’ve officially closed on your new home!